Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Concerns of an Educated Man


And what's real and sincere about a desire birthed from nothing, you know?
Like, we might as well have just watched Lassie reruns (I did) for years and built a story of succeeding at life out of that

Dad in the front door at 5:30 every day
The refrigerator stocked with fresh milk and coldcuts
The doilies on the couch armrests perfectly draped
Domestic tranquility
American nuclear familial bondings over roast-meat dinners
faithful companionship from purebred animals
Cars that start every morning

But why, you know?
Is it the promise of everyday familiarity with reliable/comfortable surroundings?
or is it because we've been indoctrinated into a set of desires that only appear to meet needs we may not even actually have?
For the record, I think it's real
I do

But I worry, because how can you not?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

My photo
I am learning to forgive