Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Collossus



Last night I lay asleep and dreaming. I dreamt of a cliff overlooking the ocean on a clear day; a brilliant blue sky with white clouds scattered sparsely to the horizon. Green grass grew right to the edge of the cliff. A few paces from the edge stood a few white walls. A small crowd had taken shelter behind these walls and I stood with them. I remember people in the crowd being familiar and friendly to me. But we cowered behind the walls. I did not understand their fear until I looked around the corner. I saw a giant striding through the ocean, hundreds of feet tall. He was naked. He had the features of a young, attractive man. He seemed drunk. We were all terrified and tried not to be seen.

As the giant drew near to us, a young woman broke from our ranks and strode out to the cliff's edge, disrobing as she went. When she reached the cliff, she stood with her arms outsretched and the wind blew her hair gently. The giant took notice of her and reached down. We held our collective breath in terror. 

He grasped her in his hands and, bringing her up to the middle of his chest, tore her effortlessly limb from limb. The pieces of her body fell down to the ocean below. 

My heart sank with them. The giant turned and strode off, his hands stained red with blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author

My photo
I am learning to forgive